1. Markilux products carry a limited warranty for five years on all components under the following conditions:
a. Frames: Five year limited warranty from date of markilux invoice subject to normal due diligence on behalf of the user. Awnings which are powder coated and which are installed within one kilometer of the coastline require the application of extra-corrosion protection for this warranty to be valid.
b. Fabric: A five year warranty from date of markilux invoice applies to the fabric subject to normal due diligence on behalf of the user.
c. Motors: A five year warranty from date of markilux invoice applies to the motors subject to normal due diligence on behalf of the user and connection to the power supply to be carried out by a licensed, and suitably experienced electrician.
d. Folding Arm Awnings: The arms on Markilux Folding Arm Awnings carry a five year warranty from date of markilux invoice subject to normal due diligence on behalf of the user.
2. This warrantee does not cover damage caused to the product by weather or pollution. These awnings have been tested to withstand winds of up to Force 5 on the Beaufort scale of wind, i.e. approximately 37 kms per hour. Awnings left out in gusty conditions and winds will not be covered.
3. As all awnings are intended for use as sunscreens, all Folding Arm and/or Conservatory style awnings must be installed at a pitch equal to a minimum of 20 degrees. No claims will be considered for damage caused to fabric, frames or fixture points in any way by the pooling of water and the subsequent weight imposed on the awning.
4. All warranties apply only to the product itself and do not cover expenses incurred in removing or reinstallation of the product, returning the product to site, any electrical work related to the repair, or any equipment that may be needed to access the product. Markilux will not be responsible for any consequential damages that may occur during or following the installation process.
5. All products purchased outside the markilux recommended or normal size or used for any application outside those specified by markilux or for which the product was specifically designed will not be covered by warrantee. The buyer or distributor shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the users take on all risk and liability associated therewith.
6. The warrantee shall not apply under the following circumstances or conditions:
a. If the product has been abused, mishandled or modified in any way
b. Should the product not have been installed in accordance with the fitting instructions that accompany the product
c. If the end user has not been properly instructed by the distributor in the correct operation of the markilux product
d. If the end user has not been handed the accompanying operating instructions
e. If the cause of damage or malfunction is due to the end user not properly using or maintaining the product as instructed
7. Markilux is not liable for any damage, loss or injury that may result from the use or inability to use the acquired product for whatever reason.
8. Markilux will make every effort to repair the product within a reasonable period of time and provided that suitable parts or equipment are still available with which to undertake the repair or replacement.